Becoming an SLP

Speech Language Pathologists in the public schools must have a master’s degree, have passed a national certification examination, and have completed a year of clinical fellowship.  Further, they must be licensed by the state of Texas.  For more information, see the TDLR's (Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation) Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists website: